[29.11.2010] Dev Team Released Ultra Recycle
oday we’re pleased to announce our free carrier unlock for iPhone3G/3GS owners with a baseband later than 05.13.04. The unlock for that baseband exploited the AT+XAPP command, thanks to a crash initially discovered by @sherif_hashim (@Oranav also found this crash). So what hole are we exploiting today, since Apple closed that AT+XAPP hole? Well, we’re exploiting the exact same hole!
It turns out that the very first iPad firmware 3.2.2 has baseband version 06.15.00 still vulnerable to AT+XAPP. The iPad baseband is built for the exact same baseband chip as the iPhone3G/3GS — they’re fully compatible!
Some of us have been running 06.15 for weeks now on our iPhones in preparation for this release. (And some have known about this possibility of 06.15 on the iPhones for a while — kudos to @w1kedZ and @DHowett for keeping it hush!)
FULL VERSION: Here
- Read and fully understand the warning below.
- If you have an old-bootrom 3GS and are already unlockable but want to get to 4.2.1, please wait til we release an “unofficial” bundle for you. Read no further.
- Read update #1 for an updated 3GS bundle.
- Download this IPSW
- Run PwnageTool to create a custom 4.1 IPSW. Tell it you want to use the iPad baseband you just downloaded. Restore to this custom IPSW.
- Install ultrasn0w through Cydia
- If you don’t have a Mac, redsn0w will be released within a few hours to handle this.