Is it okay that my cell phone still shows the name of the previous wireless service, even after I unlocked my phone? - Dhaka Mobile

Dhaka Mobile

Go Back   Dhaka Mobile > Non GSM/Mobile Related Forums > Off Topic Zone > FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) Frequently Asked Questions about mobile
Forums by Category

Old 09-14-2012, 13:13   #1
sujonbd
Super Moderator

sujonbd is on a distinguished road
Question

Is it okay that my cell phone still shows the name of the previous wireless service, even after I unlocked my phone?

Is it okay that my cell phone still shows the name of the previous wireless service, even after I unlocked my phone?

It is perfectly fine that the name of the previous network service provider appear on your mobile phone, even after you have unlocked. The logo has been programmed into your phone by the original service provider as a splash screen before it was sold to you. This logo has no impact on your unlock service.
Unlocking your phone reverses the electronic barrier put in place by the original service provider. Unlocking your phone does not effect your splash screen and vice versa. The good news is you can get remove the splash screen. See if you can find it in the phone’s manual on how to change the splash screen, or consider calling the mobile phone manufacturer and have them give you step-by step instructions on how to remove the splash screen off the phone.

Collapse Related threads at Dhaka Mobile
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
nokia asha 308 shows phone restricted pandit Nokia Base Band - (BB5) 1 11-01-2013 07:58
nokia x6 with fbus( normal mode) phone working well but with battery it shows nokia only and restart gsm.help Nokia Hardware & Hardware-Repair Area 0 02-14-2013 18:31
Where can you use your unlocked GSM phone? sujonbd FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) 0 09-14-2012 13:21
Why would I want to have my phone unlocked? sujonbd FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) 0 09-14-2012 12:02
Nokia 3110 Cell Phone Secret Codes M.Irfan Nokia Base Band - (BB5) 0 10-25-2010 09:57